I regularly facilitate workshops about making comics. During my hands-on workshops, participants make their own comics and explore topics such as teaching, storytelling, individual and group creativity, professional practice, and comics making as a research method and analytic process. When facilitating workshops, I draw upon 15 years of experience as an educator and educational researcher. I began my career as a secondary science teacher in Chicago Public Schools, followed by additional teaching roles – with learners of all ages and stages of schooling – in Angola, Washington D.C., and at UW-Madison.
If your university or organization would like to know more about workshop opportunities, please contact me.
- University of Toronto (Summer 2018, details TBD)
Recent workshops (selected)
- Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto (April, 2017)
- Art Department, University of Madison-Wisconsin (April, 2017)
- Omega Institute for Holistic Studies (June, 2016)
- Wisconsin Institutes for Discovery, University of Wisconsin-Madison (2013-2016)